Mission/Vision

KING’S CROSS CHURCH exists to glorify God and enlarge His Kingdom by gathering regularly to proclaim and celebrate the Gospel of Jesus Christ, yielding to the authority of God’s Word as illuminated by the Holy Spirit and summarized in the historic Christian Creeds and Reformed Confessions, partaking together of Christ’s presence in the Sacraments, providing opportunities to love and serve one another in Community, equipping the saints for Ministry to those who are lost and hurting, both locally and globally, and preparing them to cultivate Shalom (peace and well-being) wherever God calls them to serve.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Set Free Audio and Text


Here is the theme song that I wrote for this year's Summer Sanctus PNW. Click on the song title (below.) GH

Summer Sanctus PNW 2017


Trapped in this prison-house of shame and sin

I’m shackled from without and wedged within

I long to breathe the air outside my jail

So hear my plaintive cry and wail

I yearn to be set free, set free


My dungeon walls seem like they’re ten feet thick

Impervious as steel and stone-hard brick

My only hope is for a Savior true

To do for me what I can’t do

I need to be set free, set free


The warden called, he said my debt’s been paid

I’m free to leave this stifling stone stockade

My Savior waits for me outside the gate

The time has come to relocate

Because I’ve been set free, set free


Sometimes I’m tempted to retake my chains

Pretending that I’m still in sin’s domain

But when I do, I hear my Savior say

“I died to put those chains away

C’mon and follow me, and live set free”

Set free, set free


If the Son sets me, free, then I’ll be free indeed

If the Son sets you, free, then you’ll be free indeed

If the Son sets us, free, then we’ll be free indeed

Set free!









No comments:

Post a Comment