Mission/Vision

KING’S CROSS CHURCH exists to glorify God and enlarge His Kingdom by gathering regularly to proclaim and celebrate the Gospel of Jesus Christ, yielding to the authority of God’s Word as illuminated by the Holy Spirit and summarized in the historic Christian Creeds and Reformed Confessions, partaking together of Christ’s presence in the Sacraments, providing opportunities to love and serve one another in Community, equipping the saints for Ministry to those who are lost and hurting, both locally and globally, and preparing them to cultivate Shalom (peace and well-being) wherever God calls them to serve.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Letter to Mom

Dear Mom,

Let me live. Let me grow.
Let me feel the rain and snow.
Let me give you love and laughter
that will bring you joy hereafter.
Remember a goodly half of me is you.

Did I come to your womb to die?
Was I formed for me to lie
in a cold and metal dish?
Or was I formed to grant a wish
to couples who daily pray
who would love to have me stay?

Let me live the dance of life.
Let my spirit light your way.
Let me see the dawn of day.
Let the two of us make you memories
that resound through centuries.

May I feel your soft caress?
Join with me in happiness
Grant me life to play hide-and-seek
Let me nurse teat to cheek.
And may I snuggle next to your warm belly
to feast with you on toast and jelly?

When your life is spent
my life will be your testament
to the God of the hereafter who loves a child's laughter,
to the God who rewards a cup of cold water
who will greatly reward the one,
who saves me from slaughter.

I have a place in your belly.
Give me a place in your heart
so the twin demons of guilt and shame
will never tear you apart.
Be my Mother.


Love, Your Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment